We, the dancers and instructors of Alegria Dance Company are a vibrant community of people who have a high regard for each other, the art of dance and the respectability & value of the work we do. In all of our endeavours to learn, perform and compete as an expression of our love of dance, we show respect to fellow students, studio guests, and staff of Alegria Dance Company and all of the wider dance community. As dancers & athletes we consider it a privilege to participate in the Latin dance community exemplifying the values of growth, authenticity, collaboration, and optimism, while fostering a lifetime love of dance.
- No outdoor shoes allowed on the studio floors. Always come prepared with proper change of shoes.
- Students who are 15 minutes late for class will not be permitted into the class.
- Students are expected to come to all classes and lessons capable of engaged participation. Any student who is intoxicated or disorderly, are not permitted in the studio and will be asked to leave.
- All students are expected to show consideration and respect to all instructors, fellow students & guests. Representing a high level of integrity, students are to avoid gossip, criticism or disparaging comments about fellow students, instructors, or others involved in the dance community, and have the willingness to face issues and concerns with maturity and dignity.
- Please note that Alegria Dance Company is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
Fee's and Attendance
- No refund or credit is given for missed classes or private lessons (extreme conditions considered)
- Group Classes are not refundable, but students may remit class for 3 term or transfer to another student. Transfer and/or remittance must be done via email, no less than 24 hours before week 2's class.
- Students who attend 50% of the term for registered group class will receive a certificate (6 week classes)
- It is recommended that private lessons be booked at least 3 days in advance and payment must be made in full upon booking. The lesson will not be confirmed unless payment is made in full.
- Cancellation of a private lesson must be made no less than 1 full business day, otherwise the price of the lesson will be charged as a cancellation fee. Lessons can be re booked with more than 24 hours notice at no additional cost.
- Private lesson packages must be used within 1 year of purchase
- It is the sole responsibility of the student to book their private lessons. All lessons are confirmed by email.
- As with other recreational sports and physical activities, there is always the potential for injury. All students must sign our standard waiver prior to their first group, or private lesson.
- Injuries, health problems, conditions, or concerns of which the studio and its instructors should be aware of must be disclosed on registration form.
- We appreciate the need to talk with instructors. Please arrange a time, outside class time, when the instructor is able to chat.
- All complaints and queries will be dealt with promptly, seriously and with sensitivity and remain confidential. If you wish to submit a complaint about another student or of the studio please email email@example.com.
- Alegria Dance Company respects your privacy and pledges to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. All personal information you share with us in maintained in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (2000).
- Alegria Dance Company will never sell, trade, rent, exchange or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company, or organization.